Squirrels can look cute when you see them running up trees, however when they appear in your home or garden it’s a different story. Squirrels can be disruptive and annoying when they end up in your home. In this post we will discuss how to get rid of squirrels quickly.
Check The Area
To determine whether squirrels are in the area of your house there are a few things to look out for.
- Damaged Plants – Plants are the main food source of squirrels so if your plants are damaged squirrels could be the ones to blame
- Holes – Squirrels like to dig holes, so if you see holes in your garden area, this could be the work of a squirrel
- Droppings – This may seem like an obvious one, however it’s best to check for squirrel droppings
Look For Ways They Could Get In
There are many ways a squirrel could get into your home.
- Tree branches – If there are any tall trees in the area of your home with large branches, squirrels could use this as a way to get into your house
- Open Gutters – If your gutters are open, squirrels can easily climb inside and cause chaos
- Holes in your Insulation – Holes in your insulation can easily indicate the presence of squirrels, as they enjoy digging
Once you have identified the presence of squirrels, it’s time to take some action.
- Block off Gutters – Meshes can be used to block gutters and will stop squirrels from entering
- Cut Tree Branches – A good way to stop squirrels from entering your home is cutting down any tree branches near your home
- Get In Touch With Pest Control Professionals – If your squirrel problem is too much for you to handle alone it’s best to call in a professional
Contact Willis Pest Control
At Willis Pest Control we are specialists in providing expert pest control solutions across Birmingham and the Midlands. For help in dealing with Squirrels, please do not hesitate to get in touch with our expert Willis Pest Control team, give us a call on 0121 588 5258 or 07305 518033.