Pests aren’t welcome in your humble abode at all. Whether they are cockroaches, flies, or rats, they are regarded as a top hazard. They are creepy and annoying, and they can pose a threat to your property, safety, and the health of your whole family.
As soon as you start seeing an infestation, it’s a must to hire a local pest control service. These professionals can get rid of them and give you some recommendations and ensure these pests won’t ever come back.
There are a few key things you are required to do and accomplish, as far as pest control treatment is concerned. That said, here’s our guide on what you should do before and after the treatment.
Before the pest control treatment
A few vital preparations have to be made before your actual appointment. Here’s what you should do before the treatment:
- Put pieces of furniture and appliances in the corners of your home for easy access
- Cover your sofas, chairs, and tables with plastic wrapping to keep them safe from the chemicals.
- Remove your sheets, covers, cushions, pillows, and mattresses and store them temporarily.
- Pack up your clothes, kid’s toys, toiletries, and other household items. Store them in your cabinets and seal the gaps of the doors and drawers.
- Clear out your countertops and store all your kitchen utensils and kitchenware in your cabinets.
- Move all your kitchen appliances in the corners and make sure to unplug everything.
- Store all your foodstuff in thick plastic containers and put them in the fridge or cabinets.
- Set your flower pots and other decorative vegetations outside, such as in the balcony.
- Walk your pets in the park in the duration of the treatment. If not, have them groomed or dropped off at your neighbour’s place.
- Have your kids play outside of the house the entire treatment while you assist your hired professionals.
After the pest control treatment
There are a few things you must do and keep in mind after the treatment. Here’s what you need to do and take note of:
- Wait for a few minutes or hours before you get inside your home. Ask your hired experts about the recommended time to head back.
- Do not clean it immediately. Part of the services of pest controllers is to clean and not leave the mess behind. However, they might advise you to leave your house as-is for a week for the treatments to take effect.
- Get rid of any food left outside as they may have been exposed to the chemicals.
- Avoid leaving papers around as they are a source of food for many pests.
- Make sure to repair any leaks as soon as possible.
- Protect yourself and your family by wearing a pair of disposable gloves soon after the treatment.
- Do not forget to keep checking for pests moving forward.
These are what you should do before and after a pest control service. Be sure to strictly follow the steps outlined above for your health and safety, as well as for the efficacy of the treatment. With all these, you won’t ever have to deal with pesky pests at home moving forward.
We have a team of expert pest control in Birmingham, providing affordable yet effective solutions for pesky pest problems in the West Midlands. Tap our pest control service today and follow the guidelines above before and after treatment!